Tracking Mother-Infant Pairs Across the PMTCT Cascade with DHIS 2
We present guidance for developing a patient tracker using DHIS 2 to monitor mother-infant pairs across the PMTCT continuum of care. Presentation includes the following topics:
• Common challenges encountered when monitoring services received by PMTCT clients.
• Overview of the DHIS 2 Tracker program and implications for developing a patient tracker
• Key features that can be configured in the DHIS 2 for linking mother and infant records, tracking them across facilities, monitoring referrals, configuring reports and notification, and creating PMTCT indicators from the data
• Instructions for conducting an initial assessment of the environment
• Decisions required during the planning stage to adapt the PMTCT Tracker to the local context
We focus on PMTCT, but the guidance applies to establishing a patient tracker in any health program